Friday, April 01, 2011

Update

Since previous posts, all of which I decided to eradicate, my detours have taken me many places: London, Paris, Provence, three class shy of coursework for a Ph.D. in English education, marriage, a quest to cultivate my beer and wine palate, hiking, foreign films, countless books, and a renewed spiritual quest. My husband challenged me to start a blog and to write everyday for lent. I've missed a few days, but I'm doing much better with Honey Bees and Locusts than I've done with previous blog attempts. So, even if short-lived, that has inspired me to put the an blog to death and resurrect it again with new content and a new look. I rather like the title, so I decided not to change that.

All of the above detours have left me wanting more--with the exception of the Ph.D. I want to travel more, read more, drink more (for educational reasons), and love more, especially my husband.

About a year ago, I told a colleague of mine that I thought I might want to blog about poetry and things spiritual. Maybe that's what I'll do. Maybe I'll use it for daily detours. The palette is clean and open to possibility.

No comments: