Sunday, May 01, 2011

Kudos


Kudos to all my friends who bravely accepted--and completed the challenge of NaPoWriMo by writing a poem a day, or at least 30 poems in 30 days. As you can see, I was not able to do so, in part because I made my other blog my first priority, and work got in the way.

Because I recently bought a new camera (new to me), my next detour is going to be photography. My Nikon D60 has manual and automatic settings, and I want to practice using the manual settings. Years ago, I used a Pentax 1000, which was nothing but manual, and took some pretty decent shots, so I'm ready to reacquaint myself with shutter speed and aperture.

Today, I'm going to cheat and post one of my favorite photos from France. My best friend Glenna and I were in the Luberon in the South of France one beautiful May several years ago. After four or five days in Paris, we took the train south to Avignon, rented a car, and made a whirlwind tour of Roman ruins in various towns--Arles, Nimes, and somewhere near Avignon where ancient aquaducts can be seen. We then went up into the Luberon to see towns like Bonnieux, Apt, and Menerbes. I was forever asking her to stop so that I could take pictures of poppies. This photograph is from Bonnieux, one of the small towns in the mountains where lavender and poppies bloom profusely along the roads.

No comments: